We had all noticed lots of changes outside as Autumn started. Children started to comment as they came into Nursery. Miss Parker collected some of the items they brought and added to it on our Nature Shelf.
We decided to go to the Secret Garden to look for some different Autumn objects and everyone brought a leaf back to class.
We looked carefully at the different leaves and talked about what we could see. You can see our learning in the Floor Book.
We also decided to use our leaves to do some leaf printing back in Nursery.
The children enjoyed exploring the items on the Nature Shelf. They particularly loved the conkers and the pumpkins. We decided to focus on Pumpkins more the week after.
We looked very carefully at the pumpkins and tried to draw them. We also spent a lot of time talking about the pumpkins and thinking about as many words as we could to describe them.
What have we been learning?
- About seasonal changes all around us.
- To talk about what we can see using words and sentences.
- To go on a visit in school to see a new places.
How can you continue the learning at home?
- Can you talk about the leaves we found? What colour are they? What shape are they? Do you know which tree they came from?
- Which other signs of Autumn can you see? Go to the Park and see what is happening to the trees there.
- How many words can you think of to describe a pumpkin?