In nursery we have been busy learning our numbers with a little help from Number Blocks. We have been watching the episodes and learning all about different numbers. When children are learning their numbers it is much more than counting and recognising numbers, we are also learning to use and understand numbers.
We played a magic trick with numbered cups.
We have been learning to:
- Show numbers on our fingers
- Find different ways to show numbers such as using blocks, fingers, toys or making marks
- Notice patterns and think about numbers in relation to one another
- Re-arrange objects and know that we still have the same amount
- Match numbers to the same amount of objects
We have also been playing lots of games to help us practise our numbers and counting…
We played pick-up sticks and rolled the colour and number dice to find how many sticks of different colours we needed to pick up.
We played number blocks – number match and matched numbers and amounts.
We played board games like snakes and ladders where we had to roll the dice and match the amount to move that far.
How can you continue learning at home?
Click here for some great ideas for helping your child to learn numbers at home
Click the link below to watch number blocks and play some fun games on cbeebies…