This morning was extra special in nursery we had a visit from a real Ambulance!
First Don came to talk to us about the ambulance. We learnt –
- all about his special uniform like his reflective jacket
- that paramedics carry lots of important things in their pockets like gloves and a torch
- that paramedics wear an upside watch hanging on their top in case they need to take someone’s pulse
- that paramedics are not allowed to wear anything on their arms in case of germs
- that we need to phone 999 in an emergency
- that ambulances weigh 4 tonnes!
After we had listened to Don we even got to try on the special uniform!
Then we went outside to see the ambulance. Yusuff noticed that the ambulance had the same ‘reflecting pattern’ as on Don’s jacket.
We got to go inside the ambulance and learnt about all the important things the paramedics use. At the end Don turned on the lights and sirens, it was very loud!
What a fun morning, thank you Don for coming to see us!
How can you continue learning at home?
This week we are learning all about how to keep safe. You can have lots of conversations about things that keep us safe and things that might be dangerous.
Some of the children were a little bit mixed up between fire engines and ambulances, you can look out for them and talk to your children about the difference
Look on cbeebies for lots of videos about hospitals
Or click here to find out about other emergency services